Buying the perfect antivirus software to your requirements is essential.
Therefore, we would like to be 100% clear about how we test and examine and which methods we used to pick the best antivirus apps for 2020.
We use 5 different facets to produce a general score and select which antivirus applications which make it to our top 10 listings. These 5 variables play a part, but not all are equally significant.
As a result, the burden on the last result varies depending on the factors we analyzed.
Here are the 5 most Big Elements, and their relative weight in our testing process:
1. Virus protection: Most significant, with a weight of 40%, is the caliber of virus protection.
2. Performance: The method by which in which the antivirus software alters your computer’s resources may also be critical. We gave this variable weight of 20% in our overall score.
3. Additional features and device compatibility: Adding features like VPNs, password managers, PC tidy up, family security and a whole lot more. We gave this variable weight of 20% in our overall score.
4. Value for money: Largely, as with everything in life, you get exactly what you pay for. Most antivirus software is priced just so that we gave this factor a weight of 10%.
5. User reviews: While important, these may often be misleading as most people manage and understand technology differently. We gave this a weight of 10% of our overall score.
We took the information regarding virus protection and functionality from AV-Test and AV-Comparatives — both leading global test labs for antivirus software.
To choose a score for additional attributes, device compatibility and value for money we examined the offers of all of the various antivirus software providers we analyzed. This information will be best taken right from the source.
The information in consumer reviews comes in TrustPilot, the Google Play Store, and also our own user testimonials.